April 22, 2011

joshua tree national park

Hubby and I went on this lovely 2-day trip earlier this week. We were pleasantly surprised to get into the park for free because it was National Park Week (I didn't even know it existed 'til now!). The landscape is unlike anything I've seen before. Here are some of my iPhone snaps.

This set was processed with ShakeIt app:
Joshuatree_iphone_blog1
We stayed at a recently-renovated motel. You can read more about it here.
Joshuatree_iphone_blog2
Images from this set were processed with various apps: Hipstamatic, PictureShow, and Instagram.
Joshuatree_iphone_blog3
Skull Rock - isn't that just so cool?!!? :) Another cool part was the Cholla Cactus Garden. I will have to post my dSLR images of that garden at another time.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

7 comments :

Alice said...

wow looks like a great place to get away for a few days. i LOVE the hotel shots. i think i'd go crazy shooting that typewriter alone.

Simon Hua said...

so cool! man i love hispstamatic app!
gorgeous captures as always
really glad you had a wonderful trip!
the vintage hotel is truly a timeless find!

Anonymous said...

You are the queen of iphoneography! I love the shots you took at Joshua Tree...amazing stuff. The image of your own shadow reminds me of how often I'm snapping away with my iphone with my D700 slung around my shoulder feeling jealous =P

Howie said...

Wow. What a stylish set of pictures! I really should put the apps I bought to use. I bought so many and I never take pics with my iPhone. These are great inspirations. Love the motel shots.

Jacqueline said...

see... this is why i need an iphone. i love this! i would love to do this type of photography. so fun! and not as cumbersome as lugging around a DSLR on a hot day.

also, i knew it was national park week because it was announced on twitter.... just sayin'. ;) it's addicting! come join!

Mandy said...

your photos are so beautiful! and I've always wanted to go to Joshua Tree - this is def. inspiring me to take the trip :)

Pink Ronnie said...

Beautiful set of photos - thanks for sharing!